Arizona Corporation Commission holding Renewable Energy Standard workshop
- The ACC is holding a stakeholder workshop to discuss whether or not to increase the Renewable Energy Standard and Tariff (REST) on Monday, April 29 and Tuesday, April 30. We encourage members to attend and voice support for increasing the current REST, which is 15% renewable energy by 2025.
- Earlier this year, Commissioner Sandra Kennedy filed a letter in the docket with a suggestion to increase the REST to 50% by 2028.
- Commissioners will also discuss issues including energy efficiency, bioenergy, and more at the stakeholder workshop.
- The workshop will be held at the Arizona Corporation Commission (1200 W. Washington St., Phoenix) in Hearing Room 1 at 9:30 a.m. on April 29, and in the same location at 1 p.m. on April 30.
- Click here to learn more. Click here to view the REST docket.
Proposed bill could limit ACC’s subpoena power
- On Monday, the House preliminarily approved a bill (SB 1145) that would allow anyone who receives a subpoena form the ACC to object to it and challenge it in court.
- The bill stemmed from a dispute between the ACC and business Kadima.Ventures in which the company has fought to shield its records from the Commission.
- Click here to learn more.
Other Important Updates:
- The ACC will hold an Open Meeting next week, April 23-24. The meeting will cover various matters, including Commission policies regarding PURPA in Arizona, as well as a discussion of the Champion vs. APS rate rehearing case. Click here to view the agenda.
- Legality of New EPCOR Water Rates Questioned by Corporation Commissioner
- Tucson Electric proposal would maintain efficiency funding
- APS Documents Revealing Millions in Spending Leave Many Questions Unanswered
- Brazen APS grew intoxicated with politics, documents show