Arizona Corporation Commission Updates
- At today’s staff meeting, ACC staff discussed (but did not vote on) findings and recommendations from the April 29, 2019 Energy Rules Stakeholder Meeting/Workshop, held a preliminary discussion of staff’s APS Rate Review Report, and more. Click here to view an archived video of the meeting.
- At their Open Meeting last week, the ACC voted not to dismiss the Champion vs. APS complaint. Click here to view an archived video of the meeting. Click here to learn more.
In Case You Missed It: SRP Updates – New rate plans, battery incentive, and solar installer program changes
- SRP’s four new approved rate plans went into effect on May 1. If SRP customers are on an old rate plan, they can switch to one of the new plans, which include non-demand package options.
- The utility’s new battery incentive also went into effect on May 1, which doubles the incentive to $300 per KWH, with a $3,600 cap. There are currently 3,789 battery incentive applications still available until the incentive caps out. Note that qualifying battery technology must contain lithium-based batteries. The utility company is also offering a $50 rebate to customers who buy electric vehicles.
- Additionally, SRP will be rolling out big changes to their preferred solar installer program in July of this year. SRP is working with AriSEIA to roll out and manage the program! Click here to learn more about these important changes for residential solar electric contractors.
Save the Date! AriSEIA Energy Future Conference in October
- The 2019 Arizona Energy Future: Innovation, Technology & Economic Opportunity Conference has been rescheduled for October 8-10, 2019.
- If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor, click here for more details.
- We are accepting submissions for speakers/presenters/panelists for the conference! AriSEIA welcomes contributions from academics, technologists, scientists, researchers, educators, students, engineers, architects, installers, policy developers, public officials, public agencies, advocates, and more. Click here to fill out or share the Call for Proposals.
- Chevron executive is secretly pushing anti-electric car effort in Arizona
- Are you on the least expensive SRP rate plan? Half of customers in Arizona are not
- Poll: Most Arizona voters acknowledge climate change and are ‘extremely concerned’
- APS keeps controversial rate hike, but regulators promise to keep digging into utility’s rates
- Catalina Ross: #Arizona has chance to be the next champion of clean energy
- No Longer in the Dark: Navajo Nation Homes Get Electricity