SRP Updates: Solar installer program changes, EV incentive deadline
- SRP will be rolling out big changes to their preferred solar installer program in July. SRP is working with AriSEIA to roll out and manage the program! Click here to learn more about these important changes for residential solar electric contractors.
- In other renewable news, SRP customers have until July 1 to take advantage of a $3,500 incentive to purchase a 2019 Nissan LEAF. Click here to learn more.
Arizona Corporation Commission Updates
- The Commission and APS have been in the spotlight this month, and the heat has ramped up over the past two weeks leading to an emergency moratorium on utility shutoffs.
- Last week, the ACC decided to ban utility shutoffs until Oct. 15. This comes in the wake of news that 72-year-old Stephanie Pullman died in her home last year after APS cut off her power on a triple-digit day over a $51 debt on her account. The ACC will eventually enact new policies surrounding customer disconnects.
- Earlier this week, ACC staff filed a report in response to the incident. The report stated that APS could not prove it followed state shutoff rules before cutting power to Pullman’s home. Click here to learn more.
- In other news, the ACC will hold their Energy Rules Stakeholder Meeting on July 30. Click here for more details.
In Case You Missed It: Gov. Ducey Signs HB 2493: A win for Arizona solar customers
- Earlier this month, Gov. Ducey signed HB 2493 into law, resolving an ongoing dispute related to valuation of solar equipment for property tax purposes in Arizona.
- As a result of this new law, Arizona solar customers will save hundreds of dollars per year. Click here to learn more about this exciting news!
Save the Date! AriSEIA Energy Future Conference in October
- The 2019 Arizona Energy Future: Innovation, Technology & Economic Opportunity Conference has been rescheduled for October 8-10, 2019.
- If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor, click here for more details.
- We are accepting submissions for speakers/presenters/panelists for the conference! AriSEIA welcomes contributions from academics, technologists, scientists, researchers, educators, students, engineers, architects, installers, policy developers, public officials, public agencies, advocates, and more. Click here to fill out or share the Call for Proposals.