Arizona Corporation Commission Updates
- The ACC will hold their Energy Rules Stakeholder Meeting on July 30. Click here for more details.
- At their Open Meeting yesterday, Commissioners voted to dismiss the Champion vs. APS complaint, keeping the controversial 2017 APS rate hike in place. APS is required to file a new rate case by Oct. 31. The new case could take up to a year, and will determine whether customer rates will increase, decrease, or remain the same. Click here to learn more.
- Also at the Open Meeting, Commissioners approved substantial utility rate hikes for Ajo residents. The increases will phase in over a 10-year period. Click here to learn more.
Engaging Lawmakers with the “I Love My Solar” Campaign
- We encourage AriSEIA members and your customers to participate in Solar United Neighbors and Vote Solar’s “I Love My Solar” Campaign! The campaign is celebrating the 2 million+ solar installations in the country, and promoting solar policy by encouraging people to mail postcards to lawmakers.
- Click here to learn more. Click here to access the social media toolkit to help promote the campaign. Click here to view a sample email you can send to your customers.
In Case You Missed It: Gov. Ducey Signs HB 2493: A win for Arizona solar customers
- Earlier this month, Gov. Ducey signed HB 2493 into law, resolving an ongoing dispute related to valuation of solar equipment for property tax purposes in Arizona.
- As a result of this new law, Arizona solar customers will save hundreds of dollars per year. Click here to learn more about this exciting news!